If you know your username and have previously set your password reset answers, you can reset your forgotten password when using the Microsoft Login page or from the login screen of a University PC (or laptop).
You will need to update your password on your mobile phone, tablet, personal laptop or anything that requires your University IT account password (e.g. eduroam wifi or University email) immediately after you change or reset your password.
- Go to passwordreset.le.ac.uk or select Can’t access your account from the Microsoft Login page
- Enter your full University email address e.g. students firstname.lastname@example.org or staff email@example.com. Then enter the characters in the picture or the words in the audio. Click Next to continue.
- Ensure I forgot my password is checked and click Next
- Enter all four answers to your security questions and press Next
- Enter your new password in Enter new Password and then Confirm new password
- Click Finish. You will receive an email to confirm your password has been changed.
For security reasons, if you change or reset your password, you won't be able to change it again for 24 hours.
What if I have not set my password reset answers?
If you have not set your password reset answers you will need to call the IT Service desk, who will confirm your identity and enable you to set a new password. Once you have sucessfully logged in, you will need to Set your password reset answers, so that you can reset your password in future.