Set up Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) using text message verification code
Ensure you have enough time to complete the set up instructions, as it is expected it will take you around 10-20 minutes.
It is highly recommended that you follow these instructions on a computer 💻, using the mobile device or tablet 📱 when indicated
- 💻 On your computer, go to aka.ms/mfasetup
If required, login using your University IT account username and password
- 💻 You will see a More information required screen. Choose Next
- 💻 Click on I want to set up a different method
- 💻 Choose Phone and then click Confirm
- 💻 Choose United Kingdom (+44) and enter your mobile phone number. Then click Next
- 📱 You will receive a verification code on your mobile phone. 💻 Enter this six digit code on the computer
- 💻 Click Next
- Your phone is now setup to receive a text verification code. 💻 Click Done.